The Vcruntime140.dll is a dll file that contains code and information for several programs and applications. However, if this file misses or corrupts, the computer will get a “vcruntime140.dll is missing” error. Sometimes, it also happens that the file does not lose, yet it damages and does not run a specific file. Thus, you need to update this file to remove the error and fix the issue, and operate the error.
These common issues are typically found depending upon the version of the windows. However, the dll file is used to assist in running third-party programs such as games or other applications.
Thus, if you see that the file is missing from your system, you would require the vcruntime140.dll download and fix the issue. So, to help you out, I have brought five solutions to repair these common errors.
5 Fixes to Repair Vcruntime140.dll Errors
Use Windows System Restore
The Windows system restore works by taking your whole system to its prior form. As restore means to bring back the previous work into the system. Nevertheless, remember that to implement the system restore, you need to have a system backup on your computer; otherwise, this method won’t work.
- To check the system backup, type system restore in the search box.
- Select the most appropriate option.
- Now choose the system restore
- The PC will start setting up the wizard.
- Continue clicking on next to proceed with the process.
- The procedure will start executing.
- Wait for completion and restart your PC.
- You won’t see the vcruntime140.dll error again.
Update Windows Drivers
There could be a substantial probability that a particular driver has caused the vcrntime140.dll error in your system. Therefore, you should update your windows drivers that may bring some solutions to this error.
To update your drivers, you can use the Windows Device Manager. It is a tool that is created by Microsoft and can be used for free of cost to manage your hardware connected to your computer.
To use this tool, you can follow the steps below:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager. Open the device manager from the control panel, and a list of programs will come in front of you.
- Now, select the driver that you want to update.
- Right-click on this driver and click on update driver.
- Now your driver has been updated.
- Wait for a few minutes and restart your PC once it is done.
Reregister the Vcruntime140.dll File
If the Vcruntime140_1.dll is already there in your system, but it shows “vcruntime140.dll not found,” you can just reregister the file to fix this issue.
- Type CMD in the search box of the taskbar.
- Right-click on the command prompt.
- Choose run as administrator.
- Allow the application to reregister.
- Copy and paste
regsvr32/uVcruntime140_1.dll and regsvr32 Vcruntime140_1.dll, and hit enter
- Restart your computer and run the program.
Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution
- From the taskbar search box, type the control panel and open it.
- There, open add/remove programs or programs and features as per the windows version in your computer.
- Search for the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution along with its version number and click on change.
- You will get two options: uninstall and repair.
- Do not uninstall, but repair.
- Let the process complete and identify if there is any error left.
Factory Reset Windows
Now that you have tried all the possible ways to eliminate this issue, the only option left is the factory reset windows. As its name denotes, this option will completely format the windows from your PC and delete all the files, folders, applications, and everything from your computers that you have installed. Thus, once you have reset your computer windows, your PC will become new, and you can reinstall all apps again.
Although this error is not really dangerous to your computer, it becomes quite frustrating since it shows the error notification every second. Also, it doesn’t take much time to fix these bugs. Hence it is better to get rid of such errors to run the programs smoothly. If you still encounter these issues, feel free to contact and get the most precise solutions. Hopefully, these solutions were valuable for you if you are facing such errors as well.