There are plenty of reasons for the occurrence of duplicate photos on your Mac. The most common one is that you forget that you have already imported the images on your Mac and re-import them.
The other one can be a bug that created the duplicate photo on your Mac without your intervention. There can be many other reasons for duplicate pictures, but the most important point is knowing how to get rid of them and the easiest way to do that.
So, what to do?
Manually finding duplicate photos can be a very time-consuming and tedious job. Here are the easy tips or ways to find duplicate photos from Mac and remove them. For instance, with Gemini 2, you can find duplicate images easily and remove them. Let’s take a closer look at how the app works and how manually you can find the duplicate photos and delete them.
Follow the steps to find and remove duplicate photos on Mac manually:
With the help of Smart Folder in the finder, you can manage the photos on Mac.
- The user needs to open the Finder Window.
- Now go to Apple menu > File > New Smart Folder
- In the top right corner, you will be able to see a Plus Button. Click it.
- Now the user needs to choose the search parameters, and that can be – name > kind, matches > images, or search images.
- The user is required to choose picture format – All (consisting of JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, BPM)
- Move them to trash by clicking the right of your mouse.
Do the following to find duplicate photos on your Mac through Gemini 2 app:
- To launch the Gemini 2 App, first, download it.
- For duplicates, click on scan. Gemini 2 will click all the files on your Mac as your Home Folder is pre-selected.
- Hit the review result option when the Scan is completed.
- Under All Duplicates> Images, the duplicate photos that you have in your Mac will be grouped.
- As Gemini 2 has an in-built photo preview, you can click on the group photos to view them.
Do the following to delete the duplicate photos:
- Checkmark the copies of the photos you wish to delete and proceed further with the help of little arrows you will notice on the side for the next set of duplicate photos.
- Now click the smart cleanup option in the app to delete all the selected photos. The best part of the Gemini 2 app is that it moves the pictures to the different folder (Gemini Duplicate Album) in the photos section to go through the photos again before finally deleting them all.
When you realize that duplicate photos have captured a big space in your Mac and there are plenty of them to sort and remove, then an app like Gemini 2 can help you and do the work in lesser time than you could have taken to sort the duplicate photos from your Mac on your own (Manually). Hence, it’s always a better option to save time and use a duplicate photo finding App like Gemini to make your work easier and faster.